All rules and regulations must be followed for continued unsupervised access to the IRF.
Rules and Regulations
- Prior to using any equipment everyone must be trained by the appropriate IRF staff member. It is not permissible for students or staff of a laboratory to train other individuals in the laboratory.
- Once trained, unsupervised access to the IRF is permitted during nights and weekends.
- No food or drink is permitted in wet lab areas or around equipment.
- The IRF is a core facility with a large population of researchers having access. It is essential that all users are courteous to others and clean up after themselves. Continued abuse of the facilities or conflict with other users will result in restricted access to the equipment.
- To properly reserve time on an instrument the online booking system must be used. If conflicts arise the Director or his designate will have the final say on who has priority access to the equipment.
- If individuals do not show up within 20 minutes of their reserved time others will be allowed to use the equipment.
- Individuals that repeatedly reserve time on equipment and do not show up for their reserved time will be charged one hour of use for each no show.
- All logbooks pertaining to use of equipment and access to common supplies must be filled out with the requested information.
- If you use major equipment or technical expertise in the IRF, resulting publications should acknowledge the IRF and a reprint/PDF of the paper should be sent to the Director.