Holiday Card Design Contest
President Michael Amiridis and First Lady Ero Aggelopoulou-Amiridis invite you to enter your original artwork for a chance to be featured on the president’s official 2022 holiday card.
The contest is open to all University of South Carolina students, and contest entries will be accepted until Monday, Oct. 10. Artwork must be submitted electronically with completed entry form.
The grand prize winner will receive $500, and the two runners-up will receive $250 each. The winner’s name will appear on the back of the card, and all three winners will be invited to the President’s House to be recognized. The winning artwork will be shared digitally and in print with the university community, alumni, donors and friends of the university. Winners will be notified by email on or before Oct. 30, 2022.
Thank you to everyone who submitted artwork to this year's USC holiday card design contest and congratulations to the winners.
- Winner: Emma Jackson, a graduate student in the Arnold School of Public Health
- Runner-up: Kenzie Delposen, a doctoral student in school psychology
- Runner-up: Abigail Rasmussen, an undergraduate majoring in elementary education
Original artwork (no photography, religious themes or stock images) should combine the winter break spirit with one or more of the following themes:
- University of South Carolina life
- South Carolina
- Triumph over challenges
Who May Enter
Any University of South Carolina student – from any major or discipline, from any campus, whether attending online or in person — can enter the contest. Multiple entries from the same artist are acceptable. Submissions without the entry form will not be considered.
How to Enter
Entries will be accepted until Monday, Oct. 10. Artwork must be submitted electronically with completed entry form.
- Artwork should fit standard card dimensions: 5 inches by 7 inches, will mail in an A7 envelope. The file size limit is 14.6MB.
- Acceptable file types are JPG, PNG and EPS.
- If creating digital art using the university’s garnet, the official color is CMYK: 9,100,64,48.
- Artwork files may be edited to reflect final language, messaging and university brand standards. The university also reserves the right to alter the submitted artwork to ensure it meets accessibility standards and other parameters.
The university will retain all reproduction rights to submitted artwork, with credit given to the artist. The University of South Carolina agrees not to sell any of the artwork or any reproduction of the artwork. Artists warrant that they are the sole proprietor of the artwork and agree to assign all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the artwork to the university. Entries must be original work and must not infringe on the protected rights of other artists or violate any copyright laws.
All entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges selected by the Office of the President. Artwork will be judged on creativity, artistic expression and merit, and how it applies the contest theme(s). The winner will be notified by email on or before Oct. 30.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions are closed.