- Major: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Degree: Doctor of Nursing Practice
- School/College: Nursing
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Summer Application Deadlines
Early: September 1
Priority: November 1
Final: February 1
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (from all earned degrees)
- Transcripts from all Colleges/Universities (regardless of number of credits earned)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (from a doctorally prepared registered nurse or physician)
- Personal Goal Statement: respond to prompt included in application
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Current Unencumbered RN Licensure in State of Practice
- BLS certification
- Verification of Work Hours form (confirming you have at least 2400 hours within the past 24 months)
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Summer Semester
A Note from the Program
The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner DNP is a practice degree designed to prepare nurses as clinical practitioners/scholars to assume advanced practice clinical roles. The curricular plan is designed for the student who has a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.). The degree prepares graduates to provide holistic, mental health care integrating neuroscientific principles of behavior, experience and psychopharmacology with psychotherapy, consultation and trauma-related care across the lifespan as well as population based and application science to improve patient outcomes. The PMHNP will be prepared to practice in diverse settings including nurse-managed clinics, inpatient psychiatric facilities, home health, private psychiatric practices, addiction centers, general ambulatory clinics and schools.
This curriculum prepares nurses to sit for the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner national certification.
This online program is available in states whose licensing boards approve distance learning. While the majority of students are from SC and surrounding states, the USC College of Nursing is not currently authorized to provide this program in all states. Please refer to our State Authorization website for a list of all available states.